Welcome to the Don’t Starve: Newhome Closed Beta Test Study!
You will be joining your esteemed colleagues in the scientific field as you embark on this upcoming adventure! This experiment will take place at a later date, so be sure to clear your calendars. We do require that residents in the United States and Canada be over the age of 13 to participate in this trial, due to the many dangerous elements found in Don’t Starve: Newhome.
Even though you may be risking life and limb to participate, don’t fear. Everyone who takes part in the Closed Beta Test and reaches the certain level will receive an in-game reward that will be redeemable in the full version of the game after its Global Launch. Stay tuned for more exciting information!
Please check the "SUPPORT" section or contact us directly
(email@example.com) for more information.
**For optimum gameplay experience during the Closed Beta test, we have some device suggestions. Please check the Support section down below.
Thank you and we look forward to meeting you!
Q: How do I know if my application was submitted successfully?
A: After you finish your registration, you will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Before the test officially starts, we will send an email with more information to the players who have qualified for the test. We apologize in advance to any players who were not selected to take part in the Closed Beta, but we look forward to seeing you again once the game officially launches.
Q: I finished the application, but I still haven’t received a confirmation email.
1) Please check if your registration email address is correct. If it’s not correct, please try to register again and make sure the email address is correct.
2)There may be some delay in sending the confirmation email, please check your mailbox again after a while.
3) It may have gone into your spam folder, please check there.
4) If there’s still no confirmation email, please visit our official website and register again. If the pop-up note says “Sorry, you have registered this email.,” it means your registration has been successful.
5) If you are still having an issue, please send your problem through “Feedback” or send an email to our customer service
(email@example.com). Thank you for your cooperation.
Q: I received the confirmation email, how do I check if I am qualified to take part in this test?
A: Before the test officially starts, we will send an email only to the players who have qualified for the test. Please check your email before the Closed Beta begins. We will also kindly let you know if you will not be included in this test, so please check your email to see if you are qualified or not.
Q: Why do I have to register my Apple ID or Gmail address?
A: For this test, we will open the client download authority only to qualified players through TestFlight (iOS) and Google Play Alpha (Android), so we will need your correct Apple ID email address (iOS users) and Gmail address (Android users) in order to send you the link to download the test build. We guarantee that your personal information will be carefully protected and will only be used for participation in this test.
Q: When does the CBT begin in July? Will I get a notification ahead of time?
A: Before the test starts, we will send all selected applicants an email with all the guidelines to participate in this test, including specific timeline and download methods. So make sure to enter your correct email address when registering!
Q: Why wasn’t I chosen to participate in this test?
A: Only 5000 players will be chosen to participate in this test, so unfortunately admission is limited. We apologize to any players who aren’t able to participate in this test. We look forward to seeing you again at launch!
Q: Are there any specific device requirements in order to play?
A: In order to have an optimum gameplay experience during this test, we have some
suggestions about the devices.
1) Android – 2GB RAM or more
2) iOS – iPhone 6S and up, iPad Mini 4 or iPad 5 and up.
Please let us know if you have any device issues during the test.
Q: I received the qualification email, but I cannot download or log in to the test build. (Download issues, crash issues, log in issues)
A: 1) Don’t Starve: Newhome requires relatively high device specifications. If your device spec is lower than the recommended spec, there may be download or crash issues.
2) The server may become unstable during the test. If you cannot log in, please be patient and wait until it is back online. Also, personal networks may cause these issues, so please check your network settings. If you do not have network problems, please report the issue through “Feedback” or send an email to our customer service (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you for your cooperation.
Q: Are there any mission or assignment requirements during the test?
A: There are no specific requirements during the test, but we hope all the testers
will contribute their feedback and suggestions about the game in order to help us to make it
1) Please click “Feedback” and share your issues or comments. We check all feedback and may contact you via your registered email.
2) Please check our official community channels in order to keep up real-time communications with us. We are excited to hear from all of you! Please click on our community channel logos to access all social media platforms from our official website.
Q: Will my saved game from the Beta test carry over to the full game after official launch?
A: No, all the data will be deleted after the test.
Q：Are there any country or region restrictions for this test?
A：This Closed Beta test will only be open to the players in the United States and Canada. We will launch this game globally, so please stay tuned and we look forward to seeing you after Official Launch.
Q: Will there be in-game items to purchase during this test? Will I be able to spend money during the test?
A：No, we won’t open the in-game purchase system during this test. Also, all the test data will be deleted once it concludes.
Q：How do I report a bug or feedback during the test?
A：1) We have an in-game “Contact customer service” section, found in “System” on the
bottom left corner of the screen; please leave problems and feedback there.
2）We have a “Feedback” channel on our website, please send your problems and feedback and we will try very hard to solve your problems.
3) We have email customer service support at email@example.com; we will check every email and make sure your feedback is heard.
4) We have a Discord community (invite link: https://discord.gg/6WJWgHU), where players can share issues and feedback in the dedicated section under "DISCUSSION."
Please Select Your Game Preference.
Please offer your correct APPLE ID(Email address)
Please offer your correct Gmail address(@gmail.com)
Please read and agree to the documents.
Sorry, you have registered this email.
An invitation email will be sent before the CBT launch. The Gate to the Newhome will be open soon!